Forgetfulness is a natural thing. Especially when it comes to some very specific information that you do not interact with on a daily basis. I don’t know about you, but forgetting your iCloud password is a completely normal thing for me. And it doesn’t matter if I came up with it myself or generated it with the help of a password manager. This is not pleasant, because you immediately find yourself as if tied hand and foot, in fact, losing full control over your device. It’s good that there are ways to recover your Apple ID password.
The methods for recovering your Apple account password can be very different depending on the situation and input data. For example, if you have access to a phone number associated with an account, then the method will be one, and if not, then completely different. We will analyze the most common Apple ID login problems that users encounter most often and suggest ways to solve them.
How to untie iPhone from ID
The Apple ID password that your iPhone is linked to is even more important than your smartphone’s unlock code. Because it depends on it if you can restore a backup, download apps from the App Store, sign in to FaceTime and iMessage, and, in general, do a lot of things that require iCloud authorization. In such cases, Apple ID password recovery is simply inevitable. But if resetting your password is not so difficult, then here’s what to do if you forgot your Apple ID, most simply cannot imagine. And all you need is what to use PassFab iPhone Unlocker.
- Download PassFab iPhone Unlocker utility for computer;
- Connect iPhone to computer using Lightning cable;
- On the home screen, click “Unblock Apple ID”;
- On the next page, click “Start Removal”;
- Answer the questions asked by PassFab iPhone Unlocker;
- Download the current version of iOS (nothing will work without it);
- Follow the onscreen instructions and wait for your Apple ID to reset.
It is not difficult to reset Apple ID using PassFab iPhone Unlocker, but this procedure involves completely deleting data from your device. Therefore, if you plan to continue using it, it is recommended that you save a backup copy in advance. Since you do not have an iCloud password, you can do this through iTunes by downloading a copy of the data to your computer. Firstly, this does not require logging into an Apple account, and, secondly, later it will be easier to recover data lost during the Apple ID reset process.
Forgot iCloud password. What to do
There is another alternative to this method. It provides for the ability not only to untie the iPhone from Apple ID, but simply to reset the password and set a new one instead. This option is useful for those who, firstly, have access to the linked phone number, and, secondly, want to save the original Apple account on the iPhone in order to use it in the future.
- Go to Apple ID authorization site;
- At the bottom, click “Forgot Apple ID or Password”;
- Enter the email associated with your Apple ID;
- If you don’t remember your Apple ID, click the “Find it” button
- Then enter the linked phone number;
- Confirm the reset on any of your devices;
- Generate and enter a new password twice.
This method is convenient for its simplicity, but only if you know the phone number associated with your Apple ID account and have access to trusted devices if you use two-factor authentication. In the event that neither one nor the other is present, you will need a verification code that starts with RK and consists of a total of 14 characters. It is recommended to write it down when you activate two-step verification and not lose it in case you need to restore access to your Apple account.
If you not forgot Apple ID completely, including the password and the login itself, you will have more difficult, but there is nothing unrealistic in restoring your Apple account. You just need to go through additional verification steps so that Apple can verify that you are the real owner of the account. To do this, you need to give your last name and first name, as well as the email address that you use – then Apple will give you a login for your Apple ID account.
How to recover Apple ID if you can’t access your phone
The third method of Apple ID recovery is suitable for users who have already upgraded to iOS 15 and who can predict in advance that they may forget their password. Because you won’t be able to use it after the fact without preliminary preparation. So, if you know for yourself that you have a tendency to forgetfulness, then perhaps you should think about a way to retreat in advance. And this can be done using the “Trusted contacts” function.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone;
- Click on your name at the very top of the screen;
- Select the “Password and Security” section;
- Open “Account Recovery”;
- Click “Add attorney” and log in;
- Select a person you trust from your contact list.
Now, if you suddenly forgot your Apple ID password and cannot access iCloud, you can contact the user you added to the trusted list and ask him for an unlock code. After you add him to the list of attorneys, he will be able to generate a code that will allow you to reset your account password. After that, you will be asked to choose a new combination – do not try to come up with it yourself, but use a password manager. It will be more convenient this way.
If you are too lazy to read everything and just want to understand for yourself how to behave if you forgot your Apple ID password, I propose to summarize all of the above in question-answer format:
- Can I reset my Apple ID password? Yes, you can. This is done in at least three ways, but each is appropriate for a specific situation.
- How do I recover my Apple ID password? If the account belongs to you or you have access to your other Apple devices and the phone number associated with the account, you can restore access through the official Apple website.
- Forgot Apple ID, what to do? If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID, Apple can remind you of it. The main thing is that you know the owner’s first and last name and email address.
- Can i unlink iPhone from Apple ID? You can, but only with the help of a special utility PassFab iPhone Unlocker, which allows you to do this quickly and easily at home.
- Can you recover Apple ID password from friend’s iPhone? Yes, you can. This feature appeared in iOS 15, but it assumes that you add 100% trusted users to your trusted contacts list in advance.