In addition to the new PS5 firmware 02/21-04, the PS4 was also given a new update, which has some new features on board for a change.
Although these are mainly geared towards the PS5, they increase user comfort if you still have both consoles. In general, however, no major jumps are to be expected on the PS4. We have listed below what firmware 9.00 will bring:
- Trophies for PS5 games can now be viewed on PS4 consoles
- In Trophies you can now display PS5 trophies in your trophy list. You can also find PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the tab [Spiele] display.
- In News we updated the following:
- If you are hosting a group, you can delete it now. To delete a group, open the options menu and then select [Gruppe löschen]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members. If you block someone now, you can also leave the group in which only you and that person are at the same time. You will not leave groups that include other players.
More features and PlayStation app
The PlayStation App has also received an update to optimize various features. These include:
- On an Android or iOS / iPadOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data.
- We made the following improvements to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation apps. The child will also receive a notification if their parents or legal guardians accept, decline or no longer allow the child to use communication functions for a game.
- You can now choose to receive notifications on your PS4 or by email about new products and specials. To do this, go to [Settings]> [Account Management]> [Account Information]> [Communication Settings].