The Friendship mechanic in Pokémon GO is one of the most important in the game and guarantees several interesting features. Once you start a Friendship with another player, every day you interact with him (exchanging gifts or Pokemons, dueling or participating in raids together), the friendship will increase a little and, like Experience levels, levels of Friendship also confer rewards and bonuses for the players involved.
Check out all the Pokémon GO Friendship levels, the requirements to reach them and their rewards below!
Pokémon GO: Friendship Levels
It’s the first friendship level in Pokémon GO and starts as soon as one player adds the other as a friend. At this stage there are still no bonuses or rewards involved.
- Interaction days: 1 day
- Reward: 3,000 Experience Points
- Damage bonus on raids: 3%
- Premier Poké Ball Bonus on Raids: 0
- Small Stardust Cost Reduction on Special Exchanges
- Interaction days: 7 days
- Reward: 10,000 Experience Points
- Damage bonus on raids: 5%
- Premier Poké Ball Bonus on Raids: 1
- Good Stardust cost savings on Special Exchanges
- Interaction days: 30 days
- Reward: 50,000 Experience Points
- Damage bonus on raids: 7%
- Premier Poké Ball Bonus on Raids: 2
- Great Stardust cost savings on Special Exchanges
- Interaction days: 90 days
- Reward: 100,000 Experience Points
- Raid damage bonus: 10%
- Premier Poké Ball Bonus on Raids: 4
- Excellent Stardust Cost Reduction on Special Exchanges
- Possibility to invite the friend to an EX Raid.
Lucky Friendship is an extra friendship level, but it cannot be achieved normally. It’s a kind of temporary and very rare status that can happen whenever unique friends interact. The odds are extremely low, but if they do, players become Lucky Friends, ensuring that their next trade will result in a Lucky Trade, no matter which Pokemon is traded. Once the exchange is made, Lucky Friendship ends and goes back to being Unique Friendship, but nothing prevents it from happening again in the future.
Stardust Cost Table
The cost of Stardust in Special Trades between friends varies according to the friendship level obtained, the category of the Pokémon or whether it is already registered in the player’s Pokédex or not (new Pokémon):
|friendship level||Pokémon already registered||new pokemon||Legendary or Brilliant on record||New Legendary or Brilliant|
Example: if you have an Ultra-Friendship with a player and want to send him a Legendary or Glossy Pokémon that he still do not have, the price will be 80,000 Stardust. If he already has the Pokémon registered, the cost will be only 1,600.
How to start a Pokémon GO Friendship
To add someone as a friend in Pokémon GO, just go to the player menu (by pressing your Avatar icon) and then select the “Friends” menu:
On the screen above you have four options:
- Submit your Trainer code for a player to add.
- Enter a player’s Trainer code for you to add.
- Scan a player’s QR Code to add it.
- Connect to Facebook to send friend invites to all your friends who play Pokémon GO.