Yesterday Microsoft Edge was updated to version 104.0.1293.47 in the stable channel. A total of 20 vulnerabilities were closed. Three of them are only for the Microsoft Edge. One of which, the CVE-2022-33649 marked “Important”.
In addition to the security updates, there were also updates for some functions and new settings for the policies. Because the Edge has now been upgraded to version 104.
- Enhancements to the Increase security on the web option in edge://settings/privacy now include a new default Basic option. With this option, Microsoft Edge applies additional security protection to less visited websites. We have already reported about it here.
- Import Chrome data without Chrome during first launch. This feature allows a user to import their Chrome data by signing in to their Google account during the first run of Microsoft Edge. This feature can be disabled by disabling the first experience with the HideFirstRunExperience policy or by setting AutoImportAtFirstRun to “DisabledAutoImport”.
New policies in Microsoft Edge 104
- AllowedDomainsForApps – Defines domains that are allowed to access Google Workspace.
- AskBeforeCloseEnabled – Obtains confirmation from the user before closing a multi-tab browser window
- BrowserCodeIntegritySetting – Configures the browser process code integrity monitoring setting
- DoubleClickCloseTabEnabled – Double click functionality enabled in Microsoft Edge (only available in China)
- ImportOnEachLaunch – Allows importing data from other browsers each time Microsoft Edge is launched
- QuickSearchShowMiniMenu – Enables Microsoft Edge’s mini menu
- PasswordManagerRestrictLengthEnabled – Limits the length of passwords that can be stored in the password manager
- PDFXFAEnabled – XFA support enabled in native PDF reader
- TextPredictionEnabled – Text prediction enabled by default
- Legacy policy:
- U2fSecurityKeyApiEnabled – Allows use of the deprecated U2F Security Key API
All Microsoft Edge downloads also insiders:
- Microsoft Edge Stable (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android) microsoft.com/de-de/edge
- Canary, Dev, Beta (Windows, macOS)microsoftedgeinsider.com/de-de/download/,
- Business: Microsoft Edge Stable, Beta and Dev (Windows, macOS: microsoft.com/de-de/edge/business
- the portable versions: Portable Edge Updater
- Android: play.google.com/microsoft.emmx
- iOS: apps.apple.com/microsoft-edge
- uninstall Microsoft Edge: If you didn’t install the Edge yourself, you can still remove the Edge if you want