Yesterday, Apple released the second beta version of iOS 16. Several innovations appeared in the system – they were described in detail in MacRumors.
1. New lock screen settings
- There are two new wallpaper overlays – DuoTone and ColorWash – that change the look of a photo and the way it interacts with widgets.
- You can crop your own photos on the lock screen by pinching in and out on the screen.
- Already created lock screens are now very easy to delete – just “throw” the unnecessary screen up, similar to how you close applications in the manager.
- The Astronomy branded wallpaper now displays a green dot on the globe to show the user’s current geolocation.
- There is now a separate “Customize” button when choosing wallpaper for the desktop and lock screen – it is now obvious to the user that the system offers additional options.
2. Other functions
There are a few more chips scattered throughout the system:
- When taking a screenshot, a “Save to Quick Note” button has now been added.
- Filtering of incoming SMS by 12 categories is included, which we talked about earlier.
- The Translate app now has Turkish, Thai, Polish, Indonesian and Dutch, which will come in handy if you’re on holiday in one of these countries.
- Apple now allows iCloud backups of your iPhone or iPad over an LTE connection. In iOS 15, this could be done via 5G, but now the possibilities have been expanded.
At the moment, this is all that was found in the fresh beta version. As a reminder, installing a beta version of iOS or iPadOS on your main working device is not recommended; if you have already installed it and are dissatisfied with its work, here are the instructions for rolling back to IOS 15. And you can read the full review of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 at the links.