PPSSPP is the only emulator that comes in mind when talking about download and playing PSP games on an Android or any other platform. This emulator allows you to play classic PSP games on several platforms like Android, iOS, macOS, Linux, Symbian and even Nintendo switch. That is crazy. But of course like any other emulator PPSSPP also does not provide any license for playing PSP games. So, in this below article let’s see how to download PPSSPP games directly on Android and play them.
Points to note
- You don’t’ need to a PC or laptop for the direct method
- The direct method is more complicated
- Games will be directly downloaded on your mobile
- But you will require RAR to open that zip file.
- The easy method is more simple but requires a PC/laptop.
How to download ppsspp games [Direct way]
Download the PPSSPP emulator and RAR
Download PSP games
- Visit coolrom.com on your Mobile
- Click on ‘Roms’
- Select ‘Playstation Portable’
- Select a Game
- Download the Zip file
- Let it download
Extract the zip file
- Open that Zip file and extract it to a specific folder. I am going to choose ‘Download’
- Wait till the extraction happens
Import games into the emulator
- Now, open the PPSSPP emulator
- Locate the folder where you have extracted the file
- Click on that and Enjoy
If you want a simpler way. Then follow the below method. However, you will require a PC or a laptop and also a USB cable to connect your mobile to it.
How to download ppsspp games [Simple way]
- Download the .ISO file directly from downloadgamepsp.com on your PC
- You don’t need to extract anything whatsoever.
- Connect your mobile to your PC via USB.
- Move all your downloaded .ISO files from PC to one folder in the mobile
- Open PPSSPP and locate that folder and tap on one game to play it.
Important note: Downloading PSP games from the internet is illegal. The only legal way to play PSP games is to own an original PSP and with it or by running the PSPs ISO file on the ppsspp emulator.
What is the best site to download PPSSPP games?
There are several sites like Emuparadise.me, romsmania.cc or emulatorgames.net, downloadgamepsp.com, etc to download PSP game ROMs but the best is Coolroom.com as it allows download directly on the Android device.
All others are safe but the problem is they don’t allow downloads on a Mobile. You will require a PC to download the .ISO file. So, coolrom is the best option. If you directly want to download the .ISO file then downloadgamepsp.com is the option.
Is PPSSPP illegal?
No, the PPSSPP emulator is not illegal. An emulator is just a piece of software. But downloading PSP games from the internet is illegal.
No games are included with this download. Use your own real PSP games and turn them into .ISO or .CSO files, or simply play free homebrew games, which are available online. Put those in /PSP/GAME on your SD card / USB storage.Developers of PPSSPP
What is the difference between PPSSPP and PPSSPP gold?
There is literally no difference between PPSSPP and PPSSPP Gold. The Gold version is a paid version that you can download if you want to support the developers of the emulator. The Gold version does not provide any additional features.
What does PPSSPP mean?
According to Wikipedia, PPSSPP stands for ‘PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably’.