Growbot is finally coming to Nintendo Switch! Players can now discover this point’n’click adventure/science-fiction game at home or on the go!
A seasoned children’s illustrator who had just experienced motherhood herself, artist Lisa Evans was keen to create a video game in which players could experience the naive charm of children’s stories. Devoid of any experience in game development, Lisa decided to start as a solo developer anyway. She learned to code and use the Unity program on her own in order to bring Growbot to life, an adorable point and click adventure filled with puzzles inspired by various classic titles of the genre such as Machinarium and Loom.
Prepare to discover an enchanting world populated by creatures worthy of a fairy tale.
ABOUT THIS GAME
Growbot is a 2D point’n’click adventure that follows a robot’s efforts to protect his home from a dark crystalline force. Aboard a biopunk space station populated by fantastical plants and aliens, you play as Nara, a Growbot being trained to become a captain. When your docking station is attacked by fast-growing crystals, it’s up to you to save it!
The game is inspired by classic adventure games like Loom and other more modern titles like Machinarium, and aims to appeal to both new and experienced players. It is developed under Unity for Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Explore a magnificent space station and repair its strange machines.
- Interact with fantastic aliens and plants.
- Use your gray matter (and your Cerebellum!) to solve puzzles.
- Collect flower sounds and match them to create powerful shields.
- Meet Bellystar, a furry white hologram with a galaxy inside its stomach.
- Uproot a story of floral power with intertwined roots.
- Graphics by award-winning illustrator Lisa Evans.
- Captivating music by composer Jessica Fichot.