The last official update of Get WSUS Content .NET was a while ago. In the meantime, however, Peter has not been idle. In July the test plan and the first milestone were reached and now the new version 2.9 is ready.
Who shouldn’t know Get WSUS Content .NET: With the tool you can easily keep Windows 11 (new), Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and server systems as well as other Microsoft products up to date offline. The technology of the Windows Update Agent is used and can provide the necessary updates for the respective computer.
The package includes a readme and a manual for the new version (in German). So that you can read exactly which setting is for what. If you start the GWC.exe, you select the language. In the next window you will be asked whether you want to use it portable or install it. You can now choose the Office or Windows version and the selection is complete and you can make the settings in the menu on the left.
The changes since version 220.127.116.11 are:
- New: Support Windows 10 21H1, Windows 11, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2022
- New: Setup.exe calls GWC.exe for setup
- New: Integration of help in the task tree
- New: Create and manage favorites
- New: Detection and selection of Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2022 and Windows 11
- New: Refresh the identified products
- New: Proportional adjustment of the window height with a scaling factor
- New: Hybrid search (online and then offline search) for all areas (search, download, cleanup, report)
- New: The hybrid mode is now standard and is set automatically via the update
- New: WSUS: Find entries by product (e.g. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1) and product group (e.g. Windows and Visual Studio)
- New: Complete manual in English
- Change: Setup was supplemented by one more step due to the selection of scaling (now three instead of two)
- Change: When installing on server systems, the packages are no longer created in the Temp directory, but under Appdata
- Change: Deactivation of the automatic offline search when Windows 10 is detected
- Change: Note text offline search adapted to the whole of Windows 10 (and no longer exclusively to Windows 10 1709)
- Change: WSUS: Check whether numeric or alphanumeric value was entered (KB number or UpdateID)
Info and download:
- Our forum is available for questions. There we have a separate area for Peter and his Get WSUS Content .NET tool.
- Download direct: OneDrive (18.8 MB)