Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition, a remade version of the 1997 point-and-click adventure title, was first announced in 2019. Nightdive Studios has been silent on when the game will actually be available, but we now have a definitive date: June 23 for €9.29.
LOS ANGELES, NOVEMBER 2019
Westwood Studios, the company that brought the real-time component to strategy games with Command & Conquer, is doing it again with adventure games by tackling the sci-fi classic: Blade Runner. Armed with your investigative skills and the tools inherent in the Blade Runner, you’ll be immersed in a world teeming with life through groundbreaking visual and lighting effects. Your survival skills will be put to the test in the richest gaming environment ever. Immerse yourself in the dark and sordid world of Los Angeles 2019, where you will be both hunter and prey.
- The revolutionary real-time story structure creates a unique gameplay experience with every playthrough.
- Interact with over 70 animated characters using motion capture, all with artificial intelligence (AI) and their own routines.
- Gorgeous graphics, plus atmospheric smoke, mist, fire, and rain that affect your character in real time
- Hollywood talent from the original film, including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel, Brian James and William Sanderson.
- A rich, ambient, multi-track audio environment that creates an immersive gaming experience.
- Includes specially recreated tracks from the original Blade Runner soundtrack.
- The game and cutscenes are animated continuously, full screen and in high resolution, with millions of colors emulated.
- Cinematic in-game camera movements for a more immersive Blade Runner experience
- Step into the shoes of a Blade Runner using the ESPER Photo Analysis Machine, administering the Voigt-Kampff Replicant Detection Test, piloting a Police Spinner and analyzing clues with your assistant knowledge integration, the KIA system.
- Revolutionary real-time lighting, with directional, color, volumetric, dim and animated effects.
- Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition is a faithful remake of an adventure classic that features:
- reconstruction and quality improvement of Westwood’s original VQA videos
- An increase in the frame rate of cinematics from 15 to 60 frames per second
- A modern display in high definition
- Improved KIA system and hints interface
- Better support for subtitles
- Modern gamepad support
- SMAA to limit aliasing
- Anisotropic filtering of textures