Exactly one week after the release of iOS 15.1 beta 3, Apple introduced its fourth build. It is already available for download for owners of all compatible devices with developer status or beta profile. Since Cupertino from the very beginning chose the tactic of weekly testing, which provides for the release of new beta versions every 7, not 14 days, it is obvious that the company’s plans did not include lengthy testing of the update. Therefore, we can assume that this is one of the last beta assemblies that we will see before the immediate release of the operating system update.
IPhone Users Complain about Screen Issues on iOS 15
As you probably know, the next Apple presentation will take place on October 18, that is, next Monday. This gives reason to think that the company will time the release of iOS 15.1 to the date of the official event. In fact, this is a fairly common practice that Cupertino has been following for a long time. And since the update was tested from the very beginning in an accelerated mode, there is a complete feeling that the upcoming update will be released at the beginning of next week.
What’s new in iOS 15.1
Despite the rush, the iOS 15.1 update is not particularly valuable. Not least because of the small number of innovations. Although Apple has postponed some of the features announced at WWDC 2021 for the upcoming OS version, all of them will still not be available:
- SharePlay is a feature that allows you to share video content via FaceTime;
- Support for COVID passports in the Wallet app for contactless presentation;
- Lossless audio support for HomePod speakers (classic and compact);
- Built-in toggle to turn macro mode on and off on new iPhones;
- Supports ProRes video capture on iPhone 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
Most useful feature of iOS 15 for relaxation
That’s all. No other innovations are expected in iOS 15.1. This means that Apple still owes a favor – at least four more new features that were announced, but have not yet been released:
- Application data collection report;
- ICloud custom mail domains;
- Universal Control for Mac and iPad;
- 3D mode in Apple Maps.
How to install iOS 15.1
Installing the iOS 15.1 beta is pretty straightforward. Despite the fact that Apple requires users to have developer status for an early update, in fact, a beta developer profile will also work. And you can get it completely free of charge, and we even know where:
- Follow this link and download the iOS 15 profile;
- Select “Settings” and open “Profile loaded”;
- Install the beta profile and restart your iPhone;
- Go to Software Update and download iOS 15.1 beta 4.
How to use the iOS 15 verification code generator
Remember to make a backup before upgrading to a beta build. This is necessary for two reasons. Firstly, if something goes wrong during the update process, you can recover all the lost data and not lose anything from what you have accumulated. And, secondly, without a backup, you will not be able to return to the stable version of iOS. So do not neglect this procedure, but if the space in iCloud is not enough, get a paid subscription.